Sunday, February 26, 2012

... like Donkey Kong

In case the 7 of you who regularly read this blog were worried that I was going to go all woo-woo soft on you... I just challenged the manager of the Massage Envy clinic I work in to a race. He's going to run the St. Paddy's Day 5k in Deer Park with me. And I'm going to beat him. 

"But Anna, should you be racing right now?"

"Um, Anna? You're running?"

"Anna, seriously?! You better beat him!"

Yeah, that's more like it. I need a challenge. Actually I need a reason to make running fun again. It's been too somber lately. All this talk of cancer and breathing and grounding and meditating and balance. Sometimes it's good to throw in a friendly ass-kicking once in a while to remember why "shut up and put your shoes on" came into being. 

The manager is 25, and a guy. I'm 33, and... well, me. It's actually going to be a fair fight. We'll see how it goes!!

No comments: