Thursday, February 1, 2007

Baker: Day 4

Yesterday, after a long lunch, Stephan decided not to get a haircut, to which I replied, "oh, good. That would totally slow down the pace of our day." It was the funniest thing I'd said all week.

The house hunt continues. We looked at two houses yesterday- one to rent, and one to buy. The one to rent is nice- a little small, but definitely workable. The one to buy was huge. 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full garage, new appliances, beautiful yard. The asking price is $75,000. There's a second house to buy in Plevna, about 12 miles West. We're going out tomorrow to see that one, and one in Marmarth, North Dakota. I think we're pretty much done going outside today- the high was -9 this morning, and that's the warmest it was going to get.

We talked about getting a unit that will heat the car's engine and oil pan when the car is parked. Yes. We have to plug in our car at night.

Last night Matt made Briskett. Wow. Amazing. I don't know exactly how he did it, but I know wood chips, brown sugar, and garlic powder. Amazing.

We found a home away from home at Thee Garage, one of the local bars. We met some really fun people there last night. And two Jack and Cokes were $7.00. We like it here.

We have new cell phones, email me if you didn't get the numbers.

As always, email and phone calls are really appreciated. We love and miss everyone.

1 comment:

Kristenanne said...

baby girl...I am sitting here reading your posts at my desk laughing. I laugh because I understand your culture shock and yet you haven't even been here 4 days yet. My heart is with you and I am always here for comfort and a good laugh, a cry and a conversation about Chicago. I'm really bumbed that I cannot make it this weekend, but look forward to coming down the 16th! Love you so. LOVE that you are in Montana even if you are like 500 miles away still.